To protect our reputation for independence and objectivity we require the appropriate use of the company name and research publications.
Verdantix provides independent and objective strategic, financial and business advice based on rigorous research. Clients and third parties frequently seek to cite Verdantix research for purposes other than their internal use.
The Verdantix name, logo and intellectual property may only be used commercially in connection with advertising, sales materials or other commercial activities with the explicit pre-approval of Verdantix for each instance of use. This policy defines the criteria that will be used to issue that approval.
All Verdantix intellectual property is subject to this Citation Policy.
This policy applies to all contexts in which the Verdantix name or research may appear externally. It includes, but is not limited to advertising, annual reports, blogs, books, brochures, marketing materials, newsletters, press releases, presentations, signage and speeches.
Limited use of excerpts internally within client organizations is allowed and does not require pre-approval. All Verdantix copyrighted material should be marked “For internal use only” and “Source: Verdantix”.
Use of Verdantix research by accredited members of the press does not require pre-approval. For guidelines on usage of Verdantix research by members of the press please visit our Press Resources section.
Verdantix research may not be used to endorse a company, product, service, or to criticise a competitor. No company-specific excerpts are permitted as they may imply endorsement.
Quotations from published research must be properly attributed to the original research source in the following way: "Verdantix, Title, Date".
When citing Verdantix research you must specify the full title of the report where the content was originally published.
Third parties may cite social media content by Verdantix as long as the integrity of the posted content is maintained and is linked directly to the original source. All citations must come from content written within the past 18 months.
Headlines including press releases, blogs and social media posts may not contain "Verdantix." Instead the phrase "Independent Research Firm" should be used.
Verdantix reserves the right to make changes to this citation policy at any time and without notice.
Green Quadrant Citation Policy
We encourage you to understand the need to respect Verdantix as an objective and independent provider of research and to use the research results in marketing materials in a way that does not distort the data, opinions or intentions of Verdantix.
The Green Quadrant methodology provides an assessment of competitive products or services and therefore requires specific citation guidelines for firms included in the research. Participating companies:
- Should only publish a press release after Verdantix has published the Green Quadrant report on www.verdantix.com.
- Should get written sign-off from an authorized Verdantix employee for your press release (note, this is not the analyst who authored the report).
- Should not include “Verdantix” in press release headers or sub-headers but instead should use “Independent Research Firm” or "Independent Analyst Firm" and refer to Verdantix in the text of the press release.
- Should not identify itself as a “Winner” because the Green Quadrant does not identify a “winner” it characterizes the market alternatives for buyers of a product or service.
- Should not use rankings by naming itself "No. 1", "No. 2" etc. because the Green Quadrant does not rank the firms in the report.
- Should refer to their characterization such as “a Leader” or “a Challenger” only on the basis of their positioning in the Green Quadrant graphic, not on the basis of a single dimension or evaluation criterion.
- Must refer to their positioning as “a Leader” not “the Leader” or “Leader” unless they are the only firm positioned in the “Leaders” quadrant.
- Should not make direct comparisons between their position on the Green Quadrant and the position of a competing firm (e.g. Company A is positioned as a “Leader” compared to Company B which is an “Innovator”).
- May highlight specific areas of high performance on individual criteria but not use the terms associated with the four quadrants (Leaders, Challengers, Specialists, Innovators) to describe this criteria-specific performance.
- May take limited quotations verbatim from the Green Quadrant report in accordance with the Verdantix citation policy.
- May distribute the Verdantix Green Quadrant graphic after receiving approval from an authorized Verdantix employee (note, this is not the analyst who authored the report).
“Green Quadrant is a registered trademark owned by Verdantix Ltd and is reused by permission. The Green Quadrant methodology is an objective, factbased assessment of firms providing comparable products or services in a defined market at a specific time. Verdantix does not endorse any vendor, product or service included in the Green Quadrant. Research conclusions are based on expert judgment and are subject to change. Verdantix disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the research.”
Verdantix Green Quadrant reports, as well as all other Verdantix publications are proprietary to Verdantix and constitute:
- Works of original authorship, including compiled content of pre-existing material it has created, gathered, or assembled and;
- Information that has been created, developed and maintained by Verdantix at significant expense of time and money such that misappropriation or unauthorized use by others for commercial gain would unfairly and irreparably harm Verdantix.
Verdantix reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to immediately terminate any uses of its intellectual property that are in violation of these guidelines or that otherwise abuse, harm, or damage any Verdantix intellectual property. Verdantix also reserves the right to alter these guidelines at any time to uphold fair and ethical use of its products and trademarks.
- The offending company will not be able to cite any Verdantix research for 6 months.
- Verdantix will not participate in any of the offending company’s marketing efforts.
- The offending company will not be able to participate in any Verdantix research projects.