Verdantix Benchmark Names the Six Leaders in the UK Energy Services Market to Assist Energy Leaders in Supplier Selection Decisions
London, 11 May, 2016. A new benchmark of eighteen energy services suppliers identifies Engie, E.ON, Mitie Energy, Schneider Electric, SSE, and Utilitywise as the six market leaders. The study findings are based on an 86 point questionnaire, interviews with supplier executives, and buying preference data from interviews with 15 budget holders who buy energy services.
“The UK market for energy services is one of the most competitive in the world and has changed dramatically through multiple acquisitions” commented Susan Clark, Verdantix Senior Analyst. “In a £1.2 billion market growing at 4% annually, only a handful of suppliers manage double digit growth by focusing on market segments that are booming or delivering differentiated value propositions.”
The Verdantix report ‘Green Quadrant: Energy Services (UK)’ is the only independent benchmark of energy services suppliers available in the market and finds that:
- Schneider Electric offers the broadest range of energy services with particular strength in procurement, utility bill management, audits, compliance, and integrated solutions
- Mitie Energy has the second highest score with standout capabilities for energy efficiency, data management, and remote management
- Engie, E.ON, SSE, and Utilitywise also feature in the leaders’ quadrant due to the breadth and depth of their services capabilities and strong customer momentum
- Utilitywise has the highest momentum in the market due to its focus on energy services, a large customer base, and healthy growth
- Vital Energi achieves the second highest momentum in the UK market and offers its customers a compelling vision for energy strategy
- Carbon Credentials achieves a market-leading score for energy strategy advisory services beating out the biggest names in the industry
“In the last two years the UK energy services market has been in a state of flux with new entrants and a slew of acquisitions” commented Stuart Neumann, Verdantix Director and energy market expert. “Ameresco, Carbon Credentials, Honeywell, and Inenco excel in delivering certain solutions and buyers should shortlist suppliers with the best expertise for their needs not simply the biggest brand names in the market.”
To get a full understanding of the energy services market, potential customers and supplier executives should attend the upcoming webinar ‘Benchmarking The UK’s Energy Services Providers’ on June 16.
T +1 347 338 1261