Senior Manager, Sales
Verdantix is hiring a Senior Manager to join our small international company as we accelerate our business development and account management efforts in North America. This is an opportunity to build and lead a team of business development and account management professionals in North America who will be focused on new client acquisition, increasing client retention, and selling wider Verdantix products.
The Senior Manager will guide the North American commercial team in creating and executing their strategic sales plans, increase team productivity levels and develop team skills with the focus on ensuring each member meets their sales and growth targets across all Verdantix products. The successful candidate must also be focused on enabling team success through creating and maintaining a collaborative, winning team culture and continuously coaching team members to be sales champions. To ensure success, the appointed candidate must be highly motivated, and commercially astute.
Verdantix specialises in Environment, Health & Safety, Operational Excellence, Smart Building and ESG & Sustainability Technologies. The successful candidate will be a strong sales specialist capable of working with the wider Verdantix team and selling into fast growing segments which are fuelled by exciting technology innovations!
Experience / Diploma
- 7+ years of consultative sales experience gained selling information, market research of consulting products, including 3+ years’ experience managing a team.
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum.
- Consistent track record of overachieving financial targets as a manager and individual contributor across business development and account management.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, coach and motivate a team to over-achieve targets and continuously develop.
- Experience in influencing C-level relationships with effective communication.
Skills / Specific Knowledge
- Strong sales & business acumen, prioritization skills, and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have a proven record of leadership across business development and account management, and possess excellent skills business acumen, prioritization and influencing.
- World class sense of humour.
- Develop and execute strategy for achievement of new business and account management results tied to overall sales plan across research, consulting, and events products in North America
- Drive high activity levels with both Business Development Managers, Account Managers and Account Executives across all parts of their commercial processes
- Ensure that each team member can develop and maintain a sales pipeline which will allow them to achieve their individual annual and quarterly sales quotas.
- Use tools like Salesforce to design and maintain reporting metrics and use these metrics to inform improvements in productivity
- Undertake your own direct sales activities to complement the sales activities of the team, where appropriate
- Line management responsibility making sure your reports are working within Verdantix best practice, are kept highly motivated, and have clear objectives and development paths
- Work with VP Sales to resource and expand commercial team in North America
- Continually identify knowledge gaps within the team and facilitate individual / team training and coaching where necessary
- Act as an escalation point for all client related issues, either resolving or supporting Account Managers to resolve accordingly
- Ongoing management reporting to senior leadership group on risks and opportunities. Pro-actively looking to drive the business forwards with new ideas to innovate sales performance at Verdantix
- Competitive salary (with annual review)
- Performance driven quarterly bonus scheme
- A choice of flexible, premium medical insurance plans to suit you, plus a selection of other insurance benefits offered (life, disability, dental & vision). A financial contribution for these benefits is offered by Verdantix.
- Generous holiday entitlement plus 7 federal holidays
- Safe Harbor 4% matched 401(k) with 100% vesting.
- Access to WeWork locations in Boston or New York City to encourage collaborative working
- Quarterly employee recognition scheme
- Hybrid working option with the aim of promoting flexibility and work-life balance
- Enhanced family-friendly benefits
- Weekly “flexi-hour” to extend a lunch break or finish early on your day of choice
- Multiple social events throughout the year
- Strong focus on learning and development with career plans for all employees
- Fantastic colleagues with a great sense of humour!