Business Development Manager
For 15 years now Verdantix has been delivering high-quality, independent research and advice to its clients on digitalisation, ESG and Sustainability and we are looking for the right person to continue to drive our new relationships with the market. Verdantix works across the whole market dealing with international professional services firms, technology vendors of all sizes as well investments firms from across the globe offering a rewarding mix of opportunity and experiences for the right person.
Experience / Education
- Undergraduate degree.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in a new business role using solution selling or conceptual selling techniques.
- Experience working in a small firm environment where every individual’s contribution has a tangible impact on overall company performance.
- High activity levels and an independent, proactive approach to meet both sales activity targets and sales bookings targets.
- An understanding of how to persuade people to buy information-based propositions, consulting projects and event sponsorships.
Skills / Specific Knowledge
- Fit into the results focused, collaborative Verdantix culture and will be comfortable working in a small sales team which follows conceptual selling methodologies.
- Personal characteristics of tenacity, drive, commercial awareness, persuasiveness, and ability to close deals.
- Excellent presentation, communication and writing skills.
- World class sense of humour.
Specific Business Understanding
- Interest in the markets and technologies covered by Verdantix is a significant plus.
- Achieving quarterly and annual sales targets for market research subscriptions, consulting projects and event sponsorship.
- Building rapport with target technology and software firms and relationships with senior managers in corporate positions.
- Identifying custom research and consulting opportunities given prospective clients challenges.
- Managing the end-to-end sales process from name development, prospecting, in person meetings, proposal writing and contracting.
- Forecasting bookings and undertaking detailed planning to achieve quarterly and annual bookings targets.
- Drafting high-quality proposals aligned with customer requirements.
- When possible, attending industry events and trade shows to network with potential new clients.
- Identifying market needs in new segments and presenting them to the Verdantix management team for investment in research products.
- Employ a team selling, consultative approach to accelerate the sales process.