Verdantix Welcomes Submissions For The 2017 EH&S Innovation Awards
NEW YORK – January 6, 2017. Independent research firm Verdantix has launched the nomination process for the 2017 EH&S Innovation Awards. Award winners will be announced at the Verdantix Summit Achieving EH&S Excellence With Innovative Technologies taking place in Houston from May 15-17, 2017. Winners of the 2016 awards were Archer Daniels Midland, Harley-Davidson, Keller Group, Repsol, Roanake, Smith & Nephew, Southern California Edison and The Cleveland Clinic.
The Verdantix award winners are selected by an independent jury of corporate EH&S managers and the awards are given to firms which have implemented innovative technologies. In 2017, there are ten award categories: chemicals, construction and building materials, downstream oil and gas, manufacturing, mining, pharma and healthcare, power and water utilities, transport and logistics, upstream oil and gas. Technology and service providers who helped deliver the project are also recognized in the awards. There is no fee to apply.
For the 2017 EH&S innovation awards, Verdantix is accepting nominations relating to a wide range of EH&S technologies:
• EH&S data analytics
• Intelligent sensor networks for hazard communications
• Drones for industrial inspections and accident investigations
• Telematics and in-vehicle monitoring systems for improved driver safety
• Mobile devices running EH&S mobile apps
• EH&S software platforms
• Wearable sensors for worker safety
• Monitoring systems for worker fatigue and health risk assessment
• Virtual reality safety training
• RFID tags and QR codes for chemicals inventory tracking
• Digital permit to work systems
• Environmental data management, analysis and modelling
• Software for social compliance and stakeholder engagement
“Over the last four years, our research indicates a trend towards EH&S functions using a much wider array of technologies to improve metrics than they have ever used before” commented David Metcalfe, Verdantix CEO and chair of the innovation awards panel. “But many EH&S managers self-describe themselves as technology laggards and few EH&S teams have developed roadmaps to guide their technology investments. By researching innovative EH&S technology projects we hope to share best practice within the EH&S community and give successful teams the recognition they deserve.”
Firms or their suppliers can submit their project information via the Verdantix Awards online survey. The deadline for submissions is March 17 and finalists will be informed by March 31. Winners will be announced at the Verdantix EH&S Innovation Gala Awards Dinner on May 16 at the JW Marriott in Houston.
Paige A. Rigas
T +1 347 338 1261