Verdantix Welcomes Submissions For The 2018 HSE Innovation Awards
London, October 3, 2017. Independent research firm Verdantix has launched the nomination process for the 2018 HSE Innovation Awards. Award winners will be announced at the Verdantix Summit Delivering Business Value With Innovative HSE Technologies taking place in London on March 13 and 14, 2018. Winners of the 2017 awards were Comcast, Emerson Electric, Fiat Chrysler, Kinder Morgan, Louisiana-Pacific, Nestlé, Potash Corp, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Total, Transnet Engineering, UCOR. Nominated firms and projects can be located anywhere in the world.
Winners of the Verdantix innovation awards are selected by an independent jury of three corporate HSE executives. Precedence is given to projects which demonstrate quantitative improvements across HSE metrics, operations and finance. In 2018, there are eleven award categories: chemicals, construction and building materials, consumer goods and services, manufacturing, mining and basic resources, oil and gas, mining and basic resources, pharma and healthcare, utilities, public sector, transport and logistics. Technology and service providers who helped deliver the project are also recognized in the awards. There is no fee to apply.
For the 2018 HSE Innovation Awards, Verdantix is accepting nominations relating to a wide range of innovative technologies and projects:
• Data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence
• Intelligent sensor networks for HSE usage scenarios
• Drones for industrial inspections and accident investigations
• Telematics and in-vehicle monitoring systems for improved driver safety
• Mobile devices running EHS mobile apps
• EHS software platforms
• Wearable sensors for worker safety
• Monitoring systems for worker fatigue and health risk assessment
• Virtual reality safety training
• Operational risk and safe operations software systems
• Environmental data management, analysis and modelling
• Software for social compliance and stakeholder engagement
“Over the last two years, our research indicates a trend towards HSE functions using a much wider array of technologies to improve metrics than they have ever used before” commented David Metcalfe, Verdantix CEO and chair of the innovation awards panel. “HSE teams are getting increasingly involved in identifying, piloting and implementing a broad range of technologies. By researching innovative HSE technology projects we are able to share best practices within the HSE community and give successful teams the recognition they deserve.”
Firms or their suppliers can submit their project information via the Verdantix 2018 HSE Innovation Awards online survey. The deadline for submissions is January 14, 2018 and finalists will be informed by January 28. Winners will be announced at the Verdantix HSE Innovation Awards Gala Dinner on May 13 at the Twickenham Stadium Conference Centre.
Paige A. Rigas
T +1 347 338 1261